Enlarged Prostate is a common phenomenon affecting about half the men aged 60 and above. The disorder causes uncomfortable urinary symptoms that worsen with age. The term is also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia. People who are suffering from Enlarged Prostate need timely diagnosis and proper treatment to stay safe and healthy.
What is Enlarged Prostrate?
The prostate is a small muscular gland in the male reproductive system. It surrounds the urethra & is responsible for the presence of fluid in semen. When the measurement of the gland is beyond 30cc (30gm) in size, it is called enlarged prostate. The condition is also known as Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH). It occurs when the cells of the gland begin to multiply & the gland becomes swollen & squeezes the urethra, thus restricting the flow of urine. It is a common condition as men get older i.e. after the age of 60 years. The condition of enlarged prostate, however, does not act as an indicator for prostate cancer as most are quick to believe.
Complications of Enlarged Prostate
- Inability to urinate
- Kidney and bladder damage
- Bladder stones
- Urinary tract infections
- Limit coffee and alcohol or other carbonated drinks.
- Drink less water or fluid at night.
- Try to urinate as soon as you feel the urge.
- Practice some exercises to improve bladder control after consulting an expert.
- Consume a prostate-friendly diet that includes fruits, vegetables and fish.
- Avoid taking over-the-counter medications as it can aggravate the condition.
- Manage your stress and anxiety through adopting techniques like meditation, yoga and deep-breathing.
Enlarged Prostate can become a serious problem if not treated timely. Early diagnosis and timely treatment can prevent the complications of having a surgery for enlarged prostate. With the unique combination of Fundamentals of Ayurveda, Potentized Unani and Therapeutic Yoga, Naturoveda Health World provides a safe, scientific and effective solution for treating problem like Enlarged Prostate.