Caused by the protozoan parasite, Entamoeba histolytica, Amoebiasis is the second leading cause of death from any parasitic disease. The condition commonly affects people who reside in the tropics.It affects 50 million people worldwide andis responsible for causing approximately 100,000 deaths per year.
What is Amoebiasis?
Amoebiasis occurs when the parasites or their eggs (cysts) are taken in by mouth. People with amoebiasis have Entamoeba histolytica protozoan parasites in their faeces. The infection can spread when infected people do not dispose of their faeces in a sanitary manner or do not wash their hands properly after going to the toilet.
Contaminated hands can then spread the parasites to food that may be eaten by other people and surfaces that may be touched by other people. Hands can also become contaminated when changing the nappies of an infected infant.
Amoebiasis can grouped into three categories based on severity:
- Acute amoebiasis which can result in frequent and often bloody stools.
- Chronic amoebiasis which can give rise to gastrointestinal symptomsaccompanied by fatigue, weight loss & occasional fever.
- Extraintestinal amoebiasis may occur if the parasite happens to spreadto other organs, most commonly the liver. This might lead to amoebic liver abscess characterized by fever and right upper quadrant abdominal pain.
Complications of Amoebiasis
- Inflammation and ulceration of the colon
- Tissue death leading to peritonitis
- Liver abscess which may lead to pleural & pericardial effusion
- Abscesses in other organs
- Properly wash the fruits and vegetables before eating
- Make sure the utensils you use are properly cleaned
- Purify the water by boiling it before drinking
- Drink enough water and take coconut water, ORS to stay hydrated
- Take adequate rest for a swift recovery
- Wash your hands frequently and separate your belongings to avoid contamination
- Chew your food properly and drink more slowly
- Limit eating oily, fried, fatty foods and carbonated drinks
- Refrain from taking over-the-counter medicines
- Cut down drinking alcohol and stop smoking
Suffering from such chronic Amoebiasis desire will surely lead you to stress and agony. But becoming hopeless isn’t an ultimate solution. Natural Treatment, for Amoebiasis diseases has been proved to be highly efficacious. In this context, ‘Naturoveda Health World’ has rendered successful treatment by combining Fundamentals of Ayurveda, Potentised Unani and Therapeutic Yoga.
Why Choose Naturoveda
The Largest Team of Qualified Ayurvedic, Unani Doctors & Yoga Experts.
Natural, Safe & Scientific.
Prime Focus on eradication of the root
cause of disease.
Confidentiality is strictly maintained.
Experience of having treated more than
5.5 Lakh Patients.
Backed by extensive R&D, Medicines approved by the Drug Control of India.