Medically, constipation is defined as fewer than three stools per week and severe constipation as less than one stool per week. According to nationwide Gut Health Survey, 22% of the adult Indian population is suffering from Constipation, with 13% complaining of severe constipation. However through proper treatment, it can be resolved.
What is Constipation?
Constipation refers to difficulty in passing stool as well as infrequent or incomplete passage of stool. It occurs when someone has difficulty emptying the large bowel and the stool becomes hard and dry. If it persists for several weeks, it can turn into chronic constipation.
Eating foods low in fiber, dehydration, not getting enough exercises can be responsible for causing constipation. People who spend several days or weeks in bed or sitting for prolonged time may have a higher risk of constipation. Regularly drinking enough water can help reducing the chance of having constipation.
Common Constipation Triggers
- Fecal impaction
- Anal fissure
- Rectal bleeding
- Rectal prolapse
- Consume plenty of fibre like vegetables, fruits, legumes and whole grain cereals.
- Drink adequate water to keep your stool soft and easy to pass.
- Add magnesium-rich diet like flaxseeds, legumes, bananas and nuts to treat constipation.
- Indulge yourself in regular exercises as it helps the food to move through the large intestine.
- Avoid over-the-counter drugs as many drugs are responsible for causing constipation.
- Take Psyllium husk or Isabgol with a glass of warm water or milk as it improves gut movement.
- Instead of taking big meals once at a time, consume smaller meals 5 times a day.
Why Choose Naturoveda
The Largest Team of Qualified Ayurvedic-Unani Doctors, Yoga Experts & Certified Dieticians.
Natural, Safe & Scientific.
Prime Focus on eradication of the root
cause of disease.
Confidentiality is strictly maintained.
Experience of having treated more than
5.5 Lakh Patients.
Backed by extensive R&D, Medicines approved by the Drug Control of India.
If your condition is complex then you can now request for an appointment with the Chief Medical Director of Naturoveda -
Dr. K.M.Saifullah, himself.
His unique treatment approach to eradicate root cause of the disease includes proper case study, complete diagnosis through Nadi Parikshan, Mutra Parikshan & Nail Examination, targeted Ayurved-Unani Medication, Stress-Care Guidance, Traditional Regmopathy, Therapeutic Yoga & Research-Based Lifestyle Correction.
Enjoy a pain-free life by defeating Knee pain!
Are you suffering from excessive hair fall? Stop worrying rather get an effective solution!
You may feel upset when dealing with obesity! Losing weight is not that tough!
Difficult breathing? No need to worry! Secure your lungs naturally!
Discover the efficacy behind the most powerful & potent herbs!