Dysentery is caused by the inflammation of the intestine (especially the colon) which leads to severe diarrhoea. While the disease itself is not life threatening, the excess loss of fluids could possibly become fatal. Thus the intestinal inflammation can be mild to severe, however through proper treatment and medications it can be resolved.
What is Dysentery?
Dysentery is defined as inflammation of the intestine which leads to severe diarrhoea. Generally, most of the people experience two types of dysentery, either bacterial dysentery or amebic dysentery. Bacterial dysentery is the most common type of dysentery caused by bacterial infection. On the contrary, amebic dysentery is a type of intestinal inflammation caused by a single-celled parasite.
The disease may not life-threatening, but excess loss of fluids can become fatal. Due to the intestinal infection, the patients feel stomach ache along with cramps and then it becomes irresistible for them to visit the toilet. The infection can be triggered by contaminated food, contaminated water and other drinks, not maintaining proper hygiene, swimming in contaminate water, physical contact with the infectious people.
Signs & Symptoms of Dysentery
Common Dysentery Triggers
- Severe loose motion
- Blood stream infections
- Swollen liver
- Arthritis after infections
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome
- Purify the water by boiling it for a few minutes before drinking.
- Take sufficient fluids in the form of ORS, coconut water to prevent dehydration.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and maintain basic hygiene & cleanliness.
- Always take thoroughly cooked food, especially meat, fish and vegetables.
- Place a hot water bag over the abdominal area can reduce dysentery pain.
- Refrain from eating junk and spicy foods from the street vendors.
- Soak ¼ tsp mustard seed in 1 tbsp water for an hour and consume it twice a day.
Suffering from such chronic Dysentery desire will surely lead you to stress and agony. But becoming hopeless isn’t an ultimate solution. Natural Treatment, for Dysentery diseases has been proved to be highly efficacious. In this context, ‘Naturoveda Health World’ has rendered successful treatment by combining Fundamentals of Ayurveda, Potentised Unani and Therapeutic Yoga.
Foods to Eat
Foods to Avoid
Deep fried food
Why Choose Naturoveda
The Largest Team of Qualified Ayurvedic, Unani Doctors & Yoga Experts.
Natural, Safe & Scientific.
Prime Focus on eradication of the root
cause of disease.
Confidentiality is strictly maintained.
Experience of having treated more than
5.5 Lakh Patients.
Backed by extensive R&D, Medicines approved by the Drug Control of India.