The tonsils are the immune system’s first line of defense against bacteria and viruses. Hence they remain particularly vulnerable to infection and inflammation. Tonsillitis commonly affects children between preschool & mid-teenage years.
What is Tonsillitis?
Tonsils are two masses of tissue located at the back of the throat. They act as filters, trapping germs that could otherwise enter our airway and cause infection. They also produce antibodies to fight infection. But sometimes the tonsils themselves become infected. Overwhelmed by bacteria or viruses, they swell and become inflamed. This condition is known as tonsillitis. It is contagious in nature.
Tonsillitis has been divided into three types, with respect to their symptoms and recovery time.
- Acute Tonsillitis: is when its symptoms usually last around 3-4 days but can linger on for 2 weeks
- Chronic Tonsillitis: is when the condition results in an ongoing sore throat and bad breath for over 2weeks
- Recurrent Tonsillitis: is when a person experiences acute tonsillitis many times per year
Complications of Tonsillitis
- Otitis Media (an infection of the middle ear)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (poor sleep due to breathing difficulties)
- Quinsy (pus develops between the throat wall and a tonsil)
- Rheumatic Fever (fever causes inflammation throughout the body)
- Scarlet Fever (fever along with a distinguished pink-red rash)
- Gargle with warm saline water to ease throat pain
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids to prevent dehydration
- Wash your hands frequently
- Drink warm ginger-tea, fennel-tea with honey
- Take good oral care and wash your mouth frequently
- Refrain from touching your face repeatedly
- Boost your immunity by taking enough fruits, vegetables, and protein
- Avoid oily, sour, spicy, cold foods and carbonated drinks
- Stay away from dirty air and pollutants
- Refrain from sharing food, drink, glasses, water bottles and utensils with others
- Try breathing in steam from a hot shower
- Take adequate rest and sleep at least 7 to 8 hours at night
- Don’t smoke and stay away from second-hand smoke also
Suffering from such chronic Tonsillitis desire will surely lead you to stress and agony. But becoming hopeless isn’t an ultimate solution. Natural Treatment, for Tonsillitis diseases has been proved to be highly efficacious. In this context, ‘Naturoveda Health World’ has rendered successful treatment by combining Fundamentals of Ayurveda, Potentised Unani and Therapeutic Yoga.
Why Choose Naturoveda
The Largest Team of Qualified Ayurvedic, Unani Doctors & Yoga Experts.
Natural, Safe & Scientific.
Prime Focus on eradication of the root
cause of disease.
Confidentiality is strictly maintained.
Experience of having treated more than
5.5 Lakh Patients.
Backed by extensive R&D, Medicines approved by the Drug Control of India.