The tonsils are the immune system’s first line of defense against bacteria and viruses. Hence they remain particularly vulnerable to infection and inflammation. Tonsillitis commonly affects children between preschool & mid-teenage years.
What is Tonsillitis?
Tonsils are two masses of tissue located at the back of the throat. They act as filters, trapping germs that could otherwise enter our airway and cause infection. They also produce antibodies to fight infection. But sometimes the tonsils themselves become infected. Overwhelmed by bacteria or viruses, they swell and become inflamed. This condition is known as tonsillitis. It is contagious in nature.
Tonsillitis has been divided into three types, with respect to their symptoms and recovery time.
- Acute Tonsillitis: is when its symptoms usually last around 3-4 days but can linger on for 2 weeks
- Chronic Tonsillitis: is when the condition results in an ongoing sore throat and bad breath for over 2weeks
- Recurrent Tonsillitis: is when a person experiences acute tonsillitis many times per year
Complications of Tonsillitis
- Otitis Media (an infection of the middle ear)
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (poor sleep due to breathing difficulties)
- Quinsy (pus develops between the throat wall and a tonsil)
- Rheumatic Fever (fever causes inflammation throughout the body)
- Scarlet Fever (fever along with a distinguished pink-red rash)
- Gargle with warm saline water to ease throat pain
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids to prevent dehydration
- Wash your hands frequently
- Drink warm ginger-tea, fennel-tea with honey
- Take good oral care and wash your mouth frequently
- Refrain from touching your face repeatedly
- Boost your immunity by taking enough fruits, vegetables, and protein
- Avoid oily, sour, spicy, cold foods and carbonated drinks
- Stay away from dirty air and pollutants
- Refrain from sharing food, drink, glasses, water bottles and utensils with others
- Try breathing in steam from a hot shower
- Take adequate rest and sleep at least 7 to 8 hours at night
- Don’t smoke and stay away from second-hand smoke also
Since Tonsillitis can trigger other respiratory problems, one needs to avail a proper treatment. With the unique combination of Fundamentals of Ayurveda, Potentized Unani and Therapeutic Yoga, Naturoveda Health World provides a safe, scientific and effective solution for problems like Tonsillitis.
Why Choose Naturoveda
The Largest Team of Qualified Ayurvedic-Unani Doctors, Yoga Experts & Certified Dieticians.
Natural, Safe & Scientific.
Prime Focus on eradication of the root
cause of disease.
Confidentiality is strictly maintained.
Experience of having treated more than
5.5 Lakh Patients.
Backed by extensive R&D, Medicines approved by the Drug Control of India.
If your condition is complex then you can now request for an appointment with the Chief Medical Director of Naturoveda -
Dr. K.M.Saifullah, himself.
His unique treatment approach to eradicate root cause of the disease includes proper case study, complete diagnosis through Nadi Parikshan, Mutra Parikshan & Nail Examination, targeted Ayurved-Unani Medication, Stress-Care Guidance, Traditional Regmopathy, Therapeutic Yoga & Research-Based Lifestyle Correction.
Enjoy a pain-free life by defeating Knee pain!
Are you suffering from excessive hair fall? Stop worrying rather get an effective solution!
You may feel upset when dealing with obesity! Losing weight is not that tough!
Difficult breathing? No need to worry! Secure your lungs naturally!
Discover the efficacy behind the most powerful & potent herbs!