Dysmenorrhoea, a medical term for menstrual cramps, is a common gynaecological issue faced by most women especially in their youth. It is characterized by a sharp and twisting pain in the abdomen that can last for hours.
What is Dysmenorrhoea?
Dysmenorrhoea is the condition of painful menstruation typically involving abdominal cramps caused by uterine contractions. The uterine lining produces hormone like substances (prostaglandins) that cause the muscle of the uterus to contract strongly. If it contracts too strongly during the cycle, it can press the nearby blood vessels thus reducing blood flow & cutting off the supply of oxygen to the uterus. This lack of oxygen causes pain & cramping.
There are two types of Dysmenorrhoea:
- Primary: Primary Dysmenorrhoea is a condition that causes common menstrual cramps which are recurrent and are not caused by any underlying disease. The pain usually commences 1 or 2 days before the menstrual bleeding starts and is experienced in the lower abdomen, back or thighs. The pain can range from mild to severe lasting for 12 to 72 hours. The cramps usually become less frequent and painful as a woman ages.
- Secondary:Secondary Dysmenorrhoea results in cramps that are caused by a disorder in the woman’s reproductory organs. Conditions such as Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, Uterine Fibroids or infection are responsible for its causation. Pain from secondary dysmenorrhoea usually begins earlier in the menstrual cycle and lasts longer than common menstrual cramps. The condition may occur at any age but is most common among women aged 20-45.
Common Dysmenorrhoea Triggers
- Fatigue or weakness
- Feeling lethargic or tired
- Feeling nauseous
- Consume healthy and nutritious foods to stay healthy
- Indulge yourself in regular exercises to remain fit and active
- Maintain a healthy body weight to prevent obesity
- Try indulging in healthy practices like yoga, relaxation, or breathing exercises
- Use a heating pad to ease the pain and cramps due to the condition
- Make sure to include healthy fats in the form of olive oil, nuts, and fish
- Do not consume caffeine or alcohol
- Avoid smoking entirely
- Get proper sleep at night to boost your immunity
Dysmenorrhoea is a painful condition. However, availing a proper treatment can reduce the risk of Dysmenorrhoea but first of all, women need to come forward to share and discuss the condition with the doctors. In this regard, Naturoveda Health World employs the unique combination of Fundamentals of Ayurveda, Potentised Unani and Therapeutic Yoga to resolve the issue in a safe, scientific and natural way.
Why Choose Naturoveda
The Largest Team of Qualified Ayurvedic-Unani Doctors, Yoga Experts & Certified Dieticians.
Natural, Safe & Scientific.
Prime Focus on eradication of the root
cause of disease.
Confidentiality is strictly maintained.
Experience of having treated more than
5.5 Lakh Patients.
Backed by extensive R&D, Medicines approved by the Drug Control of India.
If your condition is complex then you can now request for an appointment with the Chief Medical Director of Naturoveda -
Dr. K.M.Saifullah, himself.
His unique treatment approach to eradicate root cause of the disease includes proper case study, complete diagnosis through Nadi Parikshan, Mutra Parikshan & Nail Examination, targeted Ayurved-Unani Medication, Stress-Care Guidance, Traditional Regmopathy, Therapeutic Yoga & Research-Based Lifestyle Correction.
Enjoy a pain-free life by defeating Knee pain!
Are you suffering from excessive hair fall? Stop worrying rather get an effective solution!
You may feel upset when dealing with obesity! Losing weight is not that tough!
Difficult breathing? No need to worry! Secure your lungs naturally!
Discover the efficacy behind the most powerful & potent herbs!