Dysmenorrhoea, a medical term for menstrual cramps, is a common gynaecological issue faced by most women especially in their youth. It is characterized by a sharp and twisting pain in the abdomen that can last for hours.
What is Dysmenorrhoea?
Dysmenorrhoea is the condition of painful menstruation typically involving abdominal cramps caused by uterine contractions. The uterine lining produces hormone like substances (prostaglandins) that cause the muscle of the uterus to contract strongly. If it contracts too strongly during the cycle, it can press the nearby blood vessels thus reducing blood flow & cutting off the supply of oxygen to the uterus. This lack of oxygen causes pain & cramping.
There are two types of Dysmenorrhoea:
- Primary: Primary Dysmenorrhoea is a condition that causes common menstrual cramps which are recurrent and are not caused by any underlying disease. The pain usually commences 1 or 2 days before the menstrual bleeding starts and is experienced in the lower abdomen, back or thighs. The pain can range from mild to severe lasting for 12 to 72 hours. The cramps usually become less frequent and painful as a woman ages.
- Secondary:Secondary Dysmenorrhoea results in cramps that are caused by a disorder in the woman’s reproductory organs. Conditions such as Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, Uterine Fibroids or infection are responsible for its causation. Pain from secondary dysmenorrhoea usually begins earlier in the menstrual cycle and lasts longer than common menstrual cramps. The condition may occur at any age but is most common among women aged 20-45.
Common Dysmenorrhoea Triggers
- Fatigue or weakness
- Feeling lethargic or tired
- Feeling nauseous
- Consume healthy and nutritious foods to stay healthy
- Indulge yourself in regular exercises to remain fit and active
- Maintain a healthy body weight to prevent obesity
- Try indulging in healthy practices like yoga, relaxation, or breathing exercises
- Use a heating pad to ease the pain and cramps due to the condition
- Make sure to include healthy fats in the form of olive oil, nuts, and fish
- Do not consume caffeine or alcohol
- Avoid smoking entirely
- Get proper sleep at night to boost your immunity
Suffering from such chronic Dysmenorrhoea desire will surely lead you to stress and agony. But becoming hopeless isn’t an ultimate solution. Natural Treatment, for Dysmenorrhoea diseases has been proved to be highly efficacious. In this context, ‘Naturoveda Health World’ has rendered successful treatment by combining Fundamentals of Ayurveda, Potentised Unani and Therapeutic Yoga.
Why Choose Naturoveda
The Largest Team of Qualified Ayurvedic, Unani Doctors & Yoga Experts.
Natural, Safe & Scientific.
Prime Focus on eradication of the root
cause of disease.
Confidentiality is strictly maintained.
Experience of having treated more than
5.5 Lakh Patients.
Backed by extensive R&D, Medicines approved by the Drug Control of India.