Growing medicinal plants in your house has multi-dimensional benefits. Irrespective of where you choose to grow them, they can help you get rid of minor ailments to major chronic diseases. Some of the most beneficial medicinal plants that have tremendous use in your day-to-day lives are listed below:
1. Aloe Vera: Popularly known as the King of medicinal plants in Ayurveda, Aloe Vera can protect you from a number of diseases. It is referred to as the succulent plant because it stores water in its fleshy leaves. With an ability to grow and flourish in dry and arid conditions, this plant requires your only minimum care to thrive in your garden.
a) Has antibiotic, antiseptic and antifungal properties
b) Contains powerful antioxidants that belong to the family of polyphenols
c) Used as topical medicine in healing burns
d) Reduces the building up of dental plaque
e) Helps combat constipation
2. Tulsi:Tulsi or the Holy Basil has been called the Elixir of Life in Ayurvedic practice. Its strong aroma helps to keep the surrounding environment healthy by preventing bacterial growth.
a) Works as a natural expectorant which can cure cough, common cold and bronchitis
b) Effective in addressing loss of appetite
c) Provides power to fight stress
d) Corrects digestion
e) Boosts immunity
3. Mint:Scientifically known as mentha, Mint plant has been used for hundreds of years for its medicinal purposes. With more than two dozen species and hundreds of plant variants, products manufactured from Mint base are all over the market.
a) Improves digestion
b) Keeps mosquitoes away from the house
c) Good for respiration
d) Effective remedy for headache and nausea
e) Soothes skin and provides relief from itching and infection
4. Coriander: Commonly known as dhaniya in the Indian subcontinent, this plant is a common herb in every Indian household. From finding its place as a garnish to being mixed in powder and paste form in different food items, Coriander is widely used. This plant is very easy to grow in the house and has a number of medicinal benefits.
a) Helps in digestion
b) Effective for skin diseases like pimples
c) Acts as a diuretic
d) Good for combating anaemia and irregular menstruation
e) Moderates blood pressure
5. Fenugreek:According to Ayurveda, Fenugreek is a powerful Vata-Nashak. Alongside having diverse medicinal properties it can be easily cultivated in any season
a) BalancesVata in the body and increases Pitta, thereby improving appetite
b) Controls hyperlipidaemia
c) Purifies blood
d) Keeps Blood Sugar level in check
e) Resolves haemorrhoids, vomiting and intestinal parasites
Note: Being at the forefront of treating chronic diseases, Naturoveda Health Worldutilises the unique combination of Fundamentals of Ayurveda, Unani andTherapeutic Yoga. These time-tested procedures not just tackle the symptoms, but also eradicate the root cause of the disease. The Naturovedic treatment is completely safe, highly effective and pocket-friendly as well. To contact Naturoveda, call on 1800 258 6666 (Toll free) or WhatsApp at +91 96744 26666.